November 17, 2011

Recent Reads

121. Bossypants
Tina Fey tickles my funny bone, so was delighted to discover that she reads this memoir. I listened to the audio version and there are parts that are laugh out loud funny. Not that surprising really if you know Tina's work.

122. The Art Journal Workshop
This is a good book if you are just starting out with art journals. Traci shows you step by step how she creates her journal pages. While I really like her style, I found the book to be somewhat repetitious - the pages look pretty much the same with different color and collage schemes.

123. Sandman Vol 1 (Preludes & Nocturnes)
I love comics (aka graphic novels) and decided to try this series. I love the colors and graphics and the story is good as well. I've got the next couple of my bedside table.

124. One Drawing A Day
This book is a 6-week course to jump start your creativity and has some interesting exercises. There are examples of different ways to capture objects in a multimedia manner.

125. Painted Pages
I always like to see how people use their sketchbooks - whether as a final product or as a sketch of some future work. While I found the book colorful and full of ideas on how to do just that, I do not particularly like the author's style of work.

No comments: