August 5, 2011

Recent Reads

1. The Uncommon Reader
First time I have read work by the author and I loved this novella. An ode to books and readers, and worlds opened.

2. Minding Frankie
I have read several books by the author and enjoyed them. This is not as good as the others, though many of the characters are familiar. A little too light a read. The fact that the "bad guy" is a social worker looking out for the best interests of a child gives you an idea of the story. I do like the interconnectedness of the lives in the story, but it was a little too vanilla for my tastes.

3. Drawing Lab
A fab book if you are looking for creative ways to play.

4. Elemental Journaling
Interesting ideas and fun pictures but not my cup of tea. A little too contrived for my tastes.

5. Unfurling
A good primer for mixed media play.

No comments: