February 19, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Sabbath
I found this a meditative and reflective read. You know the kind of book that reminds you of things you know but have forgotten? Loved it.

2. The Geography of Bliss
My book club will be talking about this one tomorrow. I started reading the book and found the writing annoying, so decided to listen to the audio book - much better as I think each chapter was written as a podcast. While I did not find the content all that enlightening, I love that the book brought up some good questions to think about. Looking forward to a fun discussion.

3. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay
First book I've read by the author and I loved being immersed in the world of comics and the years leading up to WW2. Wonderful read.

4. Real Life Journals
Fun book filled with so much inspiration. Loved it.

5. Rethinking Acrylics
So many ideas, so little time. A fun exploration of ways to play with paints.

6. Diario De Oaxaca
A feast for the eyes. Love books like this.

No comments: