February 6, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Stitch Alchemy
Fun book with some really good ideas.

2. Burnt Shadows
First book I've read by the author and I loved it. The multi-generational story of two families that intertwine over the course of events that changed the course of history - the bomb at Nagasaki, the partition of India and Pakistan, the Afghan war and 911. Beautifully told personal stories in the face of national and global tragedies. I have added her other books to my list to read.

3. Creative Illustration Workshop
An interesting look into how an artist creates.

4. How to Meditate
My word for 2011 is explore and I am exploring meditation. I have practiced in an ad-hoc manner for years, but decided it was time to dive deeply. Started with this audio book and I love it. The CDs are recorded sessions from a retreat and the author covers philosophy, basic instructions, various techniques, etc. I can feel my mind rearranging itself. Love that.

No comments: