October 16, 2010

Inspiration

The prompt I had given my local art journal group was to create pages inspired by the works of famous/or not-so-famous artists. What is it about their work that inspires us? Had a fun discussion on these topics and as always left with great ideas to try out myself.

I've already posted my pages based on Bua's work here and here.
These are ones inspired by Jackson Pollock. Have always been mesmerized by his canvases - he always has such energy to his works. Mine were created on colored card stock using a candle and a box of Crayola crayons. Cool no? Love these so much that I might create a larger canvas piece using the same idea.



5 comments:

Penney said...

These look great! Very Jackson Pollack!

Jonathan "Blade" Manning said...

I lurbs me some spatters and I lurb Pollock!

Cynthia said...

Great pages. Love the space in these. Sad to have missed the meetup. I didn't get any reminders and didn't realize we were still on. boohoo. Sounds like a great meetup.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks.
@ Cynthia - the next one is scheduled for Nov 6.

Tania said...

These look great. I am doing the course as well and this is my next class. I cant wait to start after seeing thses. They would look so spectacular on a large canvas