March 29, 2009

Travelers Tales

My ear ache got so bad, decided to visit a doctor. Walked over to a local clinic and the doc said that I had an ear infection and asked me what I had put in my ear - umm am old enough to know not to do that by now I would hope. She put me on an antibiotic course and also gave me some ear drops - total cost of everything was less that $7. So maybe the US health care gurus could talk to these folks to help draft a national health care plan. And I am happy to report that am feeling much better today.

The Chiang Mai night market is nothing like I have ever seen before - it goes on and on. Loads of things to look at, buy and eat. Had some yummy seafood last night. And the guavas here are larger than pears and so very delish. Been snacking on those for energy boosts :-)

Explored a couple of wats today - Wat Chedi Luang was incredible. At a nearby Wat Pan Tao - with the largest teak building I have ever seen, I made a birthday offering for Sajan and Saffina - both have birthdays this week (Happy bday!). This ensures them both a better life and a better fate. How can one argue with that?

Off now to the Sunday Walking Market and to search for a good dinner spot. This is our final night here - we are headed to Pai tomorrow.

No comments: