December 1, 2008

Books to Read

There is something really fun and daring about selecting just a couple of books to take along on a trip. What if you hate the books? And are stranded on a desert island with no book store in sight? I used to travel with about 4 books at all times - I read fast, and can get through a book in a day or two. I'm tempted by the Kindle - just thinking of all those books always on hand is enough to make me swoon - but have yet to break down and buy it.

So on this 2 week trip I have selected 2 books to take along (gulp). This one I went out and bought yesterday. I have enjoyed other books by the author and hope this one does not disappoint. This one I picked up at the local library book sale. Have yet to read a book by this author - mainly because the covers are so goofy. And this is the guide book I've bought to take along for the trip. Yup that does make 3 books, but a guide book does not count.

Yes I'm aware that there are book stores on the Yucatan - but I've heard that English books (and I am limited to those) can run about $30 each! To quote my sister: "I need fat books".

No comments: