October 19, 2007

Recent Reads
















Window Seat: The Art of Digital Photography and Creative Thinking by Julieanne Kost

I've spent many years when I flew as much as 3 times a week, so this book really brought back memories. It is amazing what we can take for granted. When I first started flying, I loved the window seat - who could resist the view of the scrolling earth below? As I got weary of business trips - early mornings, late nights, bad food, etc, planes were just a way to commute to work. I requested aisle seats - it was easier to get up and stretch, and faster to get out of when I landed.

Over the years, I have captured my share of images too. I'm going to have to dig them out and look at them again. There are several memorable trips when I was indeed in the window seat - flying from Trivandrum, Kerala to Male, Maldives was one such breath-takingly beautiful flight.

I tend to fly less these days, so am able to appreciate again the joys of air travel.

No comments: