November 14, 2006

Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia

by Elizabeth Gilbert

I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to this book on CD on my daily commute.

It’s a memoir about Elizabeth, who at the age of 31 moves with her husband to the burbs and begins to try getting pregnant, only to discover that she does not want to be either pregnant or married.

After a nasty divorce, she takes off for a year of travel and recuperation to the three i’s: Italy for pleasure, India for spiritual seeking and Indonesia for learning to live in balance.

The audio book is read by the author, and I think I much preferred the audio version to the written one – am not sure that I would have made it through parts of the written book.

Gilbert describes her adventures, soul searching and healing with wit, humor and compassion.

A delightful gem of a book to listen to, and inspire us to seek pleasure, spirituality and balance in our own lives.

No comments: