March 5, 2006

Yipee Kay Yeah!

The science test is behind me and I can now play again. The test covers biology, physics, chemistry, earth sciences, weather, astronomy, etc. It has 2 essay questions and 100 multiple choice questions and lasts 4 hours.

Too bad that unlike "who wants to be a millionaire" there are no options for 50/50 or dial a friend. Could have called Susan to ask why it is that Mercury is only visible just after sunset and just before sunrise and not in the middle of the night. Hmmm.

The amazing thing about this test is that there are almost no direct questions - it's all applied knowledge. It was actually enjoyable taking it - makes the brain tingle. It's a test designed to clearly see what you know and what you don't. So I know that I need to spend more time looking up - weather and astronomy are not my strong points - though I do have seasons down :-)

I think that every parent should review their middle school science books. It's what their kids are going to ask about. The best part about studying for this test is that it reminded me of all the things about science that I love (and the things I did not care about - and still don't - it's hard to get excited about weather at the equator!).

I think I did ok. Will know in a month or so.
Science is cool!

No comments: