March 18, 2006

St. Patricks Day

Met up with some friends at Doyle's in JP for drinks and dinner on Thursday night. It was a fun evening, filled with good conversation and laughter. What more could one hope for? Well how about Absolut and Cranberry with lime for $4.25? And their fries rock.

My little buggy is in the shop. On the round-about route I took to get to JP on Thursday evening, my little car started overheating. Why is it never easy to get in and out off JP? On my ride home, the buggy acted like something out of a Stephen King novel - Christine? She was revving her engines at stop signs and lights. And still over heating. Called Susan to let her know that I might need a bailout. But my little buggy that could, got me home in one piece - though there was smoke coming out of the hood when I pulled into the driveway! She's now in the shop, where she'll have to get a new radiator, hoses and thermostat. Ouch!

On to more delicious things. Decided to take a mental health day yesterday. Even though I had everything setup for the sub, I still felt guilty. The ol' Catholic Guilt kind. Well, decided to spend the day in bed - napping, reading, snacking. Rafiki joined me for portions of the afternoon - not so much for my company as the fact that the electric blanket was on. There is something sublime about being warm in bed with a purring cat and hearing your partner in the kitchen making what you know will be a delicious dinner. And so it was. Traditional boiled dinner with spices. Yummy in my tummy. :-)

No comments: