September 17, 2015

Cinemascope: Still Alice

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.


Released in 2015.

Plot line: Alice Howland, happily married with three grown children, is a renowned linguistics professor who starts to forget words. When she receives a diagnosis of Early-Onset Alzheimer's Disease, Alice and her family find their bonds thoroughly tested. Her struggle to stay connected to who she once was is frightening, heartbreaking, and inspiring.

I read and loved the book with the same name when it came out. A 5 star read for me, so was delighted to finally see this movie adaptation. And it does not disappoint. So, so good. Julianne Moore is brilliant in this role. My only advice is to keep a box of tissues handy while watching.

You can see the movie trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: