July 17, 2014

Cinemascope: August: Osage County

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 2013.

Plot line: A look at the lives of the strong-willed women of the Weston family, whose paths have diverged until a family crisis brings them back to the Oklahoma house they grew up in, and to the dysfunctional woman who raised them.

This has got to be the best movie I have seen in ages. A movie made by adults for adults. The movie is based on the play of the same name, and I've got it on my list of books to read. Wonderful lines and setting, and incredible performances by the entire cast, especially Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts (not really a surprise is it?). Simply fantastic.

You can see the movie trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: