May 21, 2011

Recent Reads

1. Deep Fathom
I figured this would be a good read for a trip - but it turned out not to be so. Too bad as it has some good ideas. Really poor execution, and the ending - puhlease. Don't bother.

2. Summertime
This is my book club selection for the month. My second book by the author, and while I did not find it a gripping read, there is something about it that stays with me.

3. What to Do When You Worry Too Much
A kid's guide to dealing with anxiety. I have a nephew who worries, so am looking into books to help him. This one is excellent.

4. The Lost Hero
I love talking about books with my nieces, and this one is a current fave. Book One of a new series with some of the characters from the really popular Percy Jackson series. Just finished it this morning - a fun romp through Greek and Roman mythology with lots of danger mixed in.

No comments: