July 16, 2008

Catching my breath

Sometimes there simply seems to be too much going on - and then I go to a wake and realize that every little bit of my life is important to me! Some random snippets:
  • Kiwi cousins, Deepti and Sandhya, spent about 5 days with us on their whirl-wind tour of the US (Vegas, San Fran, Boston and NYC). It was fun to get to know the young women they have become - I last saw them when one was still in diapers (and yes, she's sick of hearing about it).
  • Weather has been simply beautiful out here.
  • Rafiki is still missing - though was given hope with a call this past weekend. It was not him, but a cute kitty badly hurt. The vet would not take her, the animal shelter is full, so she's home with us until someone calls for her (we've put up flyers), or we can find her a home. Calling her Cleo (short of Cleopatra), and when I post a pic you'll see why.
  • A co-workers husband lost his battle with cancer this past Sat. Went to the wake yesterday - they had an open casket - which I was not expecting.
  • My worldwide sales team is in town this week, and we had our board meeting yesterday.
  • I'm in between books at the moment - cannot get settle my mind long enough to read.
  • Finding that I need lots of sleep these days.

No comments: