April 29, 2008

Recent Reads

1. Art Making, Collections, and Obsessions: An Intimate Exploration of the Mixed-Media Work and Collections of 35 Artists.
Fun book to read, and delightful visually. It's always interesting to see what people collect. I like the image of artists as magpies, collecting shiny objects.

2. Name All The Animals
My book club's April book. The story about how a family copes/does not cope with a death in the family. The story is told from the POV of the sister who is left behind. Overlays of faith, family, loss, and growing up. Members of the book club loved it, and while it had many wonderful images, I doubt I would have finished the book on my own.

3. Change of Heart
The most recent Picoult book - the one I went to listen to her reading recently. The author does a good job of taking a situation and showing it's many facets. Found the book interesting, though certainly not as good as My Sister's Keeper.

No comments: