January 16, 2014

Journal page

A new year, new projects. So fun. I'm doing something different with my journals this year, and will share that soon.

The first page of a new journal is always a hard one for me. There is something about that blank white page of a new unfamiliar book. Decided to get out some supplies and start playing.




This is what my desk looks like. The room is a mess and needs to be cleaned and sorted, but I'd much rather play than clean. I tend to listen to music or a podcast while I play, and this time I was entertained by a Book Riot podcast.


The page turned out nothing like I had initially planned, but that is half the fun no? Decided to use non-precious supplies on this mixed media page, including Sharpie Flip Chart and Disney Princess markers. They just make me happy.


I found this quote on Pinterest, and thought it was an appropriate one for a new year and a new journal.

No comments: