January 24, 2014

Cinemascope: The Godfather

Cinemascope is a 2014 blog addition where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.



Released in 1972. This is an oldie but goodie. I have probably seen it at least a dozen times, and after reading the book for the first time recently, decided to watch it again.

And you know what? After all this time, it still holds up as one of my fave movies. It is so good. The acting, the dialog, the photography. All superb. This is a movie that I loved better than the book. Yes, the book helped flesh out some of the background stories, but Coppola is masterful at cutting and polishing until all that is left is a diamond. Sparking and wonderful.

You can see the movie trailer here. If you have yet to see this, or like me you are seeing this for the umpteenth time, this is a movie worth watching.

No comments: