January 7, 2014

Chai Tea Latte

It is tea drinking season in our house. Though let's be honest, when it is ever NOT tea drinking season? 

My sister introduced me to chai lattes last year, and I gotta tell you, I'm hooked. I've got a problem though, and it ain't just the $3.50 price tag people. The lattes I buy are simply too sweet for my taste, and since most places make it from a mix, there is no real way to solve that problem, other than to water things down.

So there I was at my local Barnes and Noble the other frigid day, and I ordered me one, and it got me thinking - how hard can these be to make at home? Well, my first experiement failed - let's just say that after a sip, I dumped it in the sink. 

Why do I reinvent the wheel when the entire world has posted how to make one you ask? Good question! 

So today, after a bit of web surfing, settled on this recipe. I made a few modifications:
1. I used a Stash teabag instead of Tazo
2. I used Almond milk instead of Soy
3. I used only two teaspoons of agave nectar. Next time I'll use even less.


I kept my expectations low, and took a sip.


And it was sooo good. Mission accomplished. Let me know if you try it, or have your own top secret recipe. Now please excuse me while I enjoy my latte glow.

No comments: