December 28, 2017

Cinemascope: Manhunt:Unabomber

Cinemascope is a regular blog post where I will share with you movies and TV shows I think are worth watching.

Image result for manhunt unabomber

Released in 2017.

Plot line: This miniseries tells the story of the FBI's hunt for the Unabomber in the 1990s. Agent Jim "Fitz" Fitzgerld, a fresh-faced criminal profiler with the agency, faces an uphill battle in tracking the infamous criminal but also has to fight against the bureaucracy of the Unabom Task Force (UTF), of which he is a part. Although Fitz pioneers the use of forensic linguistics, others in the UTF dismiss his maverick ideas and new approaches. Ultimately, though, his new techniques help him identify and capture the Unabomber.

Anther series that got me hooked and didn't let go. True crime is all the rage, and this exploration about the beginnings of criminal profiling, and the case of the Unabomber. The acting is really good all around, and I was delighted with the process of figuring out how this case was solved. I knew only the bare bones of the case, so most of it was new to me, and I was fascinated the entire time.

You can see the trailer here. If you have yet to see it, this is TV worth watching.

No comments: