February 1, 2013

One Little Word 2013: January Update

And just like that January is over, so time for a monthly status update. Remember these were my goals for the month:


And how did I do? 

Goal #1: Three miles a day. That meant 93 miles for the month. I am driven by numbers and love graphs, so decided to track my daily progress with RunKeeper (I use the free version), and this is what it looked like at the end of the day yesterday:


I love graphs, so here is the graph I was motivated by each and every day:


So you might be wondering - did I actually walk 3 miles every day? Nope. I skipped some days. 4 to be exact. But in the spirit of consistency, not perfection, let it be, and simply made up the miles on other days.

Goal #2: Daily Meditation. That meant 31 times for the month. I meditated for at least 10 minutes for 21 out of the 31 days. Unlike my miles, I did not make up missed sessions. Again, letting go of perfection, and enjoying the rewards of making meditation a part of my day. This practice has changed my life for the better.

Goal #3: Daily Morning Pages. That meant 31 days of writing for the month. I wrote at least 2 pages for 29 out of the 31 days. Whenever I don't write I feel emotionally constipated, so this is another daily practice that has changed my life for the better. 

All in all, am quite proud of my efforts and accomplishments. I hope you had a great month as well. Let's see what February has in store.

No comments: