November 26, 2011

Reading with kids

Had a lovely day with my nephews yesterday. One of the fun things we did was stop at the library so Jonah could pick some books for us to read.

1. I Need My Monster
This was hands down our fave book yesterday. Luke (who will be 9 in a week) read it and loved it. I read it aloud to both boys over hot cocoa. A fun story that is wonderfully illustrated.

2. Bones and the Dog Gone Mystery
Jonah (who will be 7 in less an a month) read this one all by himself. Cannot even begin to tell you how proud I was to hear the words "detective" and "magnifying" come out of the little guy. He liked the story - it has a dog - one of his fave themes. He actually asked the librarian for books with dogs.

3. The Spooky Old Tree
Jonah read and quite enjoyed the illustrations and easy to read story.

4. Buzz Boy and Fly Guy
Jonah picked this book for the ride home and Luke read it aloud to us. Cute little story about friendship and self-publishing.

No comments: