December 14, 2010

December Daily 2010 - Day 12

Journaling:
I’ve been emeshed in the Alcott world ever since my visit to Fruitlands last month. I had no idea that Fruitlands had an Alcott connection, and was delighted to learn more about the family. The docent recommended the book Eden’s Outcasts, a book I have loved reading these past several weeks. Louisa May Alcott’s book Little Women is one that so influenced me as a kid. Jo March was my role model - a girl who ignored social norms and went her own way. So loved that. Feel so indebted to the author, and was delighted to visit her home in Concord many years ago. And here I was at the doorstep of another chapter of her life. Have so loved this foray into her world.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Capturing stories. One day at a time. For the month of December.

No comments: