May 7, 2009

Recent Reads

1. Buddha 2
I gobble up these books in about an hour each. Love the skilled drawings.

2. Buddha 3
Ditto comment above

3. Watercolor Solutions
This is really a great book - though a touch too advanced for me. Am hoping some of it soaked in during the reading. Am sure will dip into this book again.

4. How to Be an Explorer of the World
A fun book complete with experiments. Will certainly be doing some of them.

5. Buddha Book
Since coming back from Thailand, have been checking out a wide variety of books and this is one I stumbled across. It is a book of Buddha images - several of which I saw while in Thailand. Interesting for its depiction of how various cultures view the Buddha.

6. The First Hour I Believed
Would not recommend this book, but it had enough of a pull for me to read all 700+ pages. There so many story lines - the Columbine shootings, 9/11, the Civil War, abolitionists to name a few. Interesting how the author weaved all those themes into the story - almost like he was working through his emotions around these events.

No comments: