March 11, 2009

So many islands, so little time

Yesterday was spent on a full day boat and snorkeling trip around Phi-Phi and nearby islands. Simply incredible. Too bad did not have a underwater camera to capture all the majesty of the coral reefs. Even got alarming close to a large barracuda. If you get out to these parts, you gotta snorkel. I could have really used a fish/coral guide - are there any underwater ones I wonder? All I kept saying were things like, ooh, pretty blue fish; ooh, pretty red striped fish, ooh ... well you get the picture. Loved every moment of it - other than the lunch served on board - a veggie sandwich which consisted on bread (man do they love their white bread in Asia) and a couple of cucumber and tomato slices.

Took the ferry over this morning to Ko Lanta. Another fabulous spot where I hope to hang and catch up on my reading. Have yet to get through one book since I started the trip - that has to be a record for me.

Here is something I heard on a podcast on the ride over:
He never loved his wife
His children were fools
He had no friends
- from a book called "In other rooms, other views(?). Gotta get that book.

No comments: